My mama has been here for almost two weeks, and it is with sadness that I say she went back to my sister's house today. Some proof of her visit:
*fresh peas
*fresh corn, cut off the ears and creamed
*home-grown tomatoes, because those sold in the grocery store are not really tomatoes
*an empty bowl where the fried okra used to be
Okay, so we made a trip to the farmer's market. We also visited the local landmarks: Kohls, Gymboree, Grapevine Mills, you know... the AAA points of interest.
The intangible proof of her visit:
*the sight of Natalee sitting on the edge of the bath tub, her baby doll sitting on the little potty seat (which has not been used but about twice in January), and my Mom sitting on the (closed) toilet seat reading a book to the baby doll
*Jack reaching for Mom, saying "Nana" for the first time
*the peace I feel of having a clean floor, an empty dishwasher and sink, and a washer and dryer with no clothes waiting to be dealt with
Yes, Mama was here, and I have the empty Blue Bell container in the trash to prove it!
Phone call I didn't expect...
16 years ago
1 comment:
How sweet & rewarding!
Post a Comment