This past three-day weekend, we were fortunate enough to spend the weekend with our friends Anna and David and their two boys at their family lake house in East Texas. It was a perfect weekend for grown-ups and kids alike! The cabin was overlooking the water with our own private dock. Natalee was able to do many things that we would not have been able to do in the city and she loved every minute of it! She was fearless riding the boat, watching fireworks, and even doing sparklers, swimming in the lake, and just being a kid in the country! Aside from the unfortunate Canoe Tipping Incident of '08, the Mattress Roll Off and Onto the Floor Episode of '08, and the Sparkler Burn the Arm Skirmish of '08, Natalee was in great spirits! She and John David were two peas in a pod and just had the best time playing together. It was really the first time that she has been big enough to play with a friend the whole time and not be constantly entertained. The grown-ups also had a good time visiting, eating, swimming, shooting fireworks on the dock, and aside from the all-out Mosquito Meet My Feet Ambush of '08 (this was much more than just an Incident!) we had a blast. It was such an idyllic place to watch fireworks going off all around you on the water! Yes, we all stayed up way past our bedtimes and ate way too much (especially the REAL fried catfish,) but that is what lazy summer days are all about, right? I didn't get many pictures but I hope you enjoy what I have.
Phone call I didn't expect...
16 years ago
1 comment:
I am so glad ya'll had a great time! I'll post more pics soon.
Post a Comment