Wednesday, January 28, 2009

There's Popsicles on My Bicycle!



The great Ice Storm of 2009 (hopefully the only one) has come and gone! I took the kids to preschool yesterday knowing that I would pick them up early at noon, but I needed my three hours!! I wanted to go ahead and get them prior to the ice hitting, and this way they could come home and take good naps as opposed to the hour they take on school days. I used my three hours to grocery shop in preparation for all of the ice, then came home and prepared my only second ever pot roast. I felt ever so on top of things when my children took 3 plus hour naps, dinner was already cooked, and my husband was home two hours early in hopes of avoiding the weather. Can it get any better than that?! And the pot roast, it was pretty good if I do say so myself.



So the ice did hit last night, and was pretty bad this morning, prompting Will to work from home until about 10 a.m., and by the time he was leaving I was already worn out. We are not the kind of people that can stay home all day and live to tell about it! The kids were tired of playing with all of those toys (insert sympathy here,) and I was busy playing the "pick up an item and return it to it's place only to see something in that room that needs to be put back in another room" cleanup dance while the kids followed me from room to room like little lost puppy dogs. It was highly productive, I tell you. Thankfully, our new favorite TV show, Olivia, came on and distracted Natalee for awhile!



Natalee loved seeing all of the "popsicles" hanging from her bicycle and from the roof. (So cute, she obviously never gets to see icicles often. Or popsicles.) And they were oh so large, by the way!



But, here's hoping that we can be back to normal tomorrow. Ironically enough Natalee has "snow day" at preschool tomorrow where they make snow with a snow cone machine and the kids have to bring gloves so they can make snowballs.



And on a random note, Jack is definitely feeling so much better! Prior to the tubes, he had no interest in walking. Almost immediately, he started wanting to hold on our fingers, and also took his first steps on Sunday night. At the McDonald's playground while "This Used to be My Playground" by Madonna blared. Try to sing that song and NOT think about the movie A League of Their Own. :) And Natalee has all of a sudden decided to develop a totally Southern accent, but I guess she gets it honest! Everything now has a few extra syllables. It is pretty funny!




6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I am right there with you on not being able to stay at home all day for days on end. I feel a bit batty! Glad you made it through our "Artic Blast 2009"! Enjoy your few hours of alone time tomorrow while preschool is in session!

Anna and the boys said...

We had to get out. Costco didn't have snacks today so we went to ChickFilA to play but no one was there so the boys were bored! Argh! It was nice to get out, though! David was home!

The Johnson's Journal said...

I am so jelous. They called off school for the THIRD DAY!!! We have gotten out some, but they seem to want dry clothes to put on each time!!! I cook, I clean up, then I cook some more. I am ready to go back to work so I can get a break!

Glad Jack is great! I've been praying.

The Norvells said...

two things: First...I LOVE that movie, but that song annoyed me. It was such a depressing song to hear at such a happy ending. Second: your kids are too cute! How do you stand it!

Shel and Dennis's Blog said...

Ahhh, we missed it. We cant wait to see Jack walk. Give Nat a hug from us.

shel and dennis

Sarah Markley said...

popsicles on the trike. my kids would die from excitement!!

seriously.

so cute. =)