Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Well, this week is VBS at our church. After teaching last year while pregnant, I decided just to be a part-time helper this year. :) So, today I helped my friends with the first grade and it was great! Our church had over 800 enrolled this week. It is amazing. Natalee and Jack really enjoyed their day. Jack got to ride in the bye-bye buggy for the first time today! In case you don't have any clue what this is, picture a large stroller-type cart that straps in 6 or 8 kiddos. It is a life saver for the younger kids because it lets them get out of the room and calms everyone down. Anyhow, Jack can barely sit up for a long stretch of time, but he was such a big boy in that buggy! He was sitting right next to his friend Luke and they were holding hands!! It was the cutest thing and I really wish I had my camera. The teachers rolled them into the opening assembly so they could enjoy the music. Later I saw Natalee's class in the hallway and they were in the buggy as well, and she was sitting next to her friend Meredith, who happens to be Luke's sister. Too funny! So all in all we had a great morning and are enjoying naptime!

1 comment:

Anna and the boys said...

Thanks for your help! Maybe next year you'll help all week! ;)