Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hi Ho Silver, Away!







Way back in 1994, my parents gave me my first car for graduation. It was beautiful, fun to drive, and perfect for me heading off to A&M. It was a 1993 Ford Probe, which I affectionately called Hi Ho Silver. That car hauled me to numerous Aggie football games (including the Sugar Bowl and Alamo Bowl,) I don't know how many Clay Walker concerts and stock shows, countless trips back home, and loaded up all of my belongings on several occasions, but the most notable when I moved to Galveston and attended summer school there the summer after my freshman year. Needless to say, there are many fond memories attached to that car. Fast forward to 2008: my sweet husband has been driving Hi Ho for the past 7 years for work, even without air conditioning! In January, he deservedly got a new car which not only has A/C that works, but it has a sunroof and heated seats! :) So, therefore, the time came to donate Hi Ho, with all her dents, 200,000 miles, and happy memories to someone that really needed a vehicle. So, it was with great sadness and thankfulness that I bid Hi Ho a fond farewell on Thursday. Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, do I remember the Probe alright! That car has gone a lot of places in it's time. I remember the time when there was hi ho silver, darth vader, and little blue. lol