For months, I have been staunchly refusing to join facebook. I know, I know. Surprising. The repeated comments from my husband of "well, you would know that if you were on facebook" didn't get to me.
When he came home one day saying that 70 year old women from our church were on facebook, I was non deterred.
When all of my girlfriends discussed starting a group without me, I started feeling a little bit left out, just a teeny bit.
So the final straw? When my best friend/cousin called me the other night to tell me that another one of our friends had been on a cruise to Mexico and her husband was now hospitalized with possible swine flu! She had posted it on her facebook, and I was riveted. I had to get those updates, so I did what any concerned friend would do--I joined facebook!
And it has been downhill ever since. So if I neglect this here blog even more than usual, it is because most of the FREE WORLD is on facebook and I am catching up with tons of old friends!
And it wasn't swine flu, just meningitis. Bad, but not pandemic. Facebook, on the other hand? Definitely pandemic.
Phone call I didn't expect...
16 years ago
4 comments:
Facebook really has hindered my productivity. Hey...but at least I know what random friends from high school are doing on a daily basis.
Meningitis is much scarier to me than the swine flu...hope your friend gets better soon!
I agree, Facebook is addictive. I to one only because my sister started to refuse sending me pictures of my nephew and niece. She said they were on her Facebook page and I view them there. So guess what I got a Facebook page and I can't get enough.
yes...pandemic it is.
We were at Lake Sam Rayburn. We try and go see the in-laws often during the summer. We had so much fun but my shoulders are paying for it now!
Post a Comment