And on Saturday, they were wearing the same shirts, just different colors, that Anna and I had purchased on a Christmas shopping trip!
Anyway, we had a great time just letting the kids play, sitting by the campfire (outdoors one night and indoors the next) making s'mores, teaching them how to play 42, grilling burgers, taking a very brisk walk, and seeing the Daddy's fish. The bigger kids also had to get into the action with their "fishing sticks."

In fact, it is becoming a tradition to get a sunset picture of Natalee and John David. Maybe (thirty years from now) they will ride off into the sunset together? We wouldn't be more thrilled!
Anyway, we had a great time just letting the kids play, sitting by the campfire (outdoors one night and indoors the next) making s'mores, teaching them how to play 42, grilling burgers, taking a very brisk walk, and seeing the Daddy's fish. The bigger kids also had to get into the action with their "fishing sticks."And the little boys had a blast as well, and were trying their hardest to keep up with Natalee and John David!
And here is a funny one of Anna and I with a local business that we of course DID NOT visit. They were closed for the off season. Notice the "tacky mom track suits."
Thanks for the memories!!! We are already planning a Mom's Gone Mild Retreat (our girls' group. Don't ask!) 
3 comments:
Perfectly said!
I think mom and dad were afraid they would put you out. They didn't want you responsible for getting them to and from the airport. Sandy and I both tried to get them to at least call you and tell you they would be in town. I am seeing already that we are going to have issues when they get older! You guys just have no idea how much it meant to know that you were there for them. Talk about feeling out of control! Thanks so much!
Sounded like a great weekend! I love those kind of friends, where everything just clicks. The sunset pictures are priceless. You never know what God has in store!
Post a Comment