Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turning 33--I Wouldn't Recommend It

Monday was the big day, and boy was it memorable! Sunday was a perfectly lovely day, just spent recovering from Jack's first birthday party and spending time with family that left Sunday around lunchtime. Sunday evening we went to dinner and celebrated my birthday early. All was fine and well until about midnight, when the Montezuma Plague Virus Bug of '08 struck Will. He was violently ill for about an hour and I tried to go to sleep but was feeling a little queasy but was hoping it was just sympathy pains. Not so much. Mine hit shortly thereafter, and did not let up until about 7 a.m. the next day. And I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say I will not be ordering French onion soup or a chopped salad anytime soon. You know the best part? When you have kids, you can't lie in the bed and wallow in your agony like you want to, so we alternated. After a nice two hour nap, I felt much better. So much so, that I was really craving my comfort food--a McDonald's cheeseburger, small fries, and a little bit of Dr. Pepper. No onions, thank you very much. It was healing I tell you.

So today I woke up feeling like a new woman and Will went back to work. I felt even better after my birthday massage. I would even call it a pretty great day, until..... Natalee came home from school and said that her chest hurt. Now she has been saying that for a while since we have put Vick's on her chest a couple of times for congestion so I kind of ignored it. Right up until she barfed all over herself, me, and the hardwood floors late this afternoon. Sorry to be all graphic but that is the only way to describe what she did. Since then, she has been happy as a clam and enjoying the Pedialyte, unlimited Veggie Tales and not having to eat dinner. So say a little prayer for us that she has been through all of it and that Jack will not get it!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, no!! Hope Natalee is still feeling better and Jack stays well! You know me...just reading that makes my stomach hurt!

Happy birthday, though:) Not quite the day you had hoped for, huh? I meant to call you yesterday! I'm sorry!! Get some rest:)

The Norvells said...

Oh no!! What an eventful few days. I hope Jack doesn't get it next.

Phillips Family said...

Happy birthday...sorry about the stomach bug. One time Tobe and I both got such a virus when Isaac was a baby. We ended up calling him mom to come help us out! Being sick and having kids is no fun at all!

At least you were able to get a massage in all the chaos!