So it has been awhile since I have posted, so I know you are just dying to know what we have been doing! Sorry to keep you waiting with baited breath. Well, between all the vomiting, which by the way Jack did have (I think the dehydration made me temporarily insane,) Jack's two rounds of double ear infections, a bout of conjunctivitis for both kids, and continuous runny noses, we have actually been doing lots of Christmas celebrating! And because my brain operates best in list mode, here you go:
*We had a fun Girls' Night Out date night, where our husbands were invited for the first time. And not surprisingly, the guys all ended up on one end of the table talking about hunting, golf and the state of the BCS bowl series, and the girls were on the other end of the table trying hard not to talk about vomit or lack of sleep. But it was great to be with 14 close friends without the kiddos!
*Last Thursday was my designated cookie baking day. Yes, monster cookies! I think they are called that because the recipe is monstrous, but I cut it in half and made 6 dozen cookies! And would you believe that I actually ran out and only had one for myself and Natalee? They did go a long way as gifts for friends, Sunday School teachers, MOPS cookie exchange, and some for MOPS workers.
*Some friends came into town to ride the Polar Express train with us. The girls LOVED it! They wore their pj's in the middle of the afternoon and even saw Santa! This went over much better than their visit last year with Chuck E. Cheese, which was quite traumatic. The girls even touched his hand!
*After the train ride, we went to the local tourist trap hotel to attempt to get Christmas card photos of the four of us, preferrably all looking at the camera at the same time. All smiling would be asking too much! But we did manage to get a couple of decent ones.
*Today was a big day for Natalee. After church and naps, she had a haircut appointment to get ready for her first dance recital! She got the works: haircut, curls with the curling iron, and makeup done. Then we went straight to the local high school for her recital. It was so cute, and I will have to post the video when I finalize the DVD. She might not have a future as a prima ballerina, but she did dance (to her own beat!) But knowing her personality, I really thought she would get up there in front of all of those people and freeze, but I was pleasantly surprised. Here is our sweet girl tap dancing to All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth, and ballet dancing to Frosty the Snowman.
And there is more to come. But most importantly, I am really savoring this time with my family,
and celebrating the Reason for the Season. Merry Christmas to you!
and celebrating the Reason for the Season. Merry Christmas to you!
3 comments:
Sounds like you have been busy! Love the dance pictures, too cute. I wish we had the polar express train. I bet it was fun. Thanks for checking in from time to time. I have been so busy with everything else I haven't had time to stop and visit my bloggy friends. The snow was so awesome. My in-laws didn't get much and my family in Houston didn't get as much as we did. We all had fun playing it in. Have a great holiday!!
What a great few weeks you have had! I am so proud of Natalie! She may just turn out to be a prima ballerina yet. And I think your photos look great...smiles are overrated anyway (wink wink).
Hi there! Your family is so sweet! The kids are growing up so fast! I'm so glad that you posted a comment on my blog. Our computer crashed a couple of months ago and I lost a bunch of stuff. Email me so I have your email address again! I'm excited to have your blog address back! Miss ya'll!
Post a Comment