Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Natalady


A few weeks ago, Natalee turned three. I have been attempting to write a post (and failing miserably) that would convey her to you--her spirit, personality, and the joy she has brought to us. But I just can't do it. I can't put the words together. So, as a tribute, I decided to post some of her recent funnies because I thought you could use a laugh. Or really that I don't want to forget them!

*While walking through a parking lot, Natalee saw a handicapped logo painted on the ground, to which she pointed out "hey that's me sitting on the potty!"

*When Will came back from the deer lease last weekend, she said "Did you get a deer, Daddy? Did you bring us some meat?"

*Upon seeing herself in the mirror with her shirt off she said "I have nickles on my chest!" I don't know where she heard the word nipple, but I am just glad that she is not calling them bottles anymore!

*In Target last week she rode around in the cart for about 10 minutes saying, rather loudly, "you are not my mommy!" while laughing like crazy. At that point, I wanted to agree with her!

*A couple of weeks ago while Will was at the deer lease (the first time this season) and Jack was sick and cranky and having a really big crying fit, she declared to me that "Jack wants a different mommy. Maybe he wants Mrs. Anna instead."


And there are many, many more. Every day is a joy (as long as I keep a sense of humor!)

5 comments:

The Norvells said...

I love this post. I will be sure to convey any funnies she tells me today while I am over.

Anna and the boys said...

I'll take your kids anyday you need a break! :)

Natalee is a special little girl that we are all thrilled to know!

Shel and Dennis's Blog said...

Just what I needed to hear....it made me laugh and boy I needed to laugh.
Miss ya,

Aunt Lee Lee and Uncey Dennis

Matt & Leigh Anne said...

So precious!!! And too cute too!

Jules said...

Hey winner!!!
Email me your address so Nicole can send the goodies your way.
Congrats!!!