This week Natalee has taken to "reading" Bible stories to us, which is always fun. It is especially funny when she passes up her four different Bibles or Bible story books to select the Fodors book on the South Pacific, Bora Bora and the Cook Islands that was $1 at the discount bookstore. Hey a girl can dream about vacationing in a hut over the water, right?! Anyway, her story goes something like this:
Once upon a time, in a land called Egypt, a little girl named Kaya went to the beach. Then she was mean to her brother and her mama gave her a spanking and put her in time out. Then she was nice to him for ever and ever. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
But this one takes the cake. I had to document this forever more so I won't forget it! A few weeks ago our church hosted the annual preschool pajama party. We had been last year and Natalee loved playing in the bounce house with friends, having a snack of cookies and juice right before bedtime which is generally not allowed around here, and hearing the bedtime story, read by our pj-clad pastor. And this year was even better! She had a blast with her friends and enjoyed the Curious George story. Well, everything that we do these days usually entails a dramatic reenactment at home, complete with roles being assigned to mama, daddy, and even Jack, so I was not surprised when she wanted to pretend we were at the pj party a few days after the fact. It went like this:
Natalee: Let's pretend we are at the pajama party and I am the kid and you are the creature.
Me: The what?!
Natalee: The creature. You know, you are in your pajamas and you read the story to us.
Me: Oh, you mean the PREACHER?
Natalee: Yes, the CREATURE!
Me: Rolling on the floor, laughing.
But it did not end there. Of course, we ran into our Creature at a restaurant the following week, so I had to share this conversation. He got a big kick out of it, and said that was a first for him and please don't tell his kids that he is a creature. So of course, you know what is next. The very next Sunday morning, when he opened with this statement, "a few weeks ago we had our annual preschool pj party...." I started squirming in my pew. And he spared no details, including our names and Natalee's age! To about 500 people! I am pretty sure the spotlight also zoomed in on us as well, or that could have been my face. And I am pretty sure he preaches the same message to the second service as well. Ah, memories!
Phone call I didn't expect...
16 years ago
4 comments:
He sounds like a pretty cool creature or peacher to me! I love it when my kids cause me embarassment!
He did...but it was so cute and funny!
I love it!!!!
Thanks for entering the give away! Also you inspired me the other day when the man in front of you bought your coffee at Starbucks, I went there this past week and bought drink for the person behind me!
Post a Comment